- What goes on during the two-hour robot building birthday party?
The following is a typical party schedule for a robot building birthday party (we are flexible and special requests can be accommodated):
- Pre-party warm up activities: 15 minutes
- Robot building time: ~ 45 minutes
- Food/ Cake Break: 30 minutes
- Robot customization/ play time: 30 minutes
- Do the children get to keep the robots they build?
Yes, children will keep their robots – it’s the ultimate party favor!
- How many children can a party accommodate?
- Parties in the Private Zone/ Room: up to 16 robot builders
- Parties in the Open Zones/ Rooms: up to 50 robot builders
- Are siblings included in the guest count?
Every guest who builds a robot is counted. Younger siblings who are present (but not participating in activities) will not be counted.
- Are the parents able to attend the party?
Yes, parents can attend the party at no additional charge. At least one parent is required to be on the premises at all times for the supervision of all party guests.
- Is there a place set aside for parents to socialize?
Yes, parents can either stay in the party room or move about the retail and VR game areas of the store.
- How old does my child have to be for a roboTEC Party?
Children as young as 5 years old can enjoy our roboTEC Parties.
- Can all the kids choose their own type of robots to build?
The Birthday Boy/Girl chooses the type of robot to build prior to the party and all party guests build the SAME robot. Our party host will provide instruction and guide the group through the build process.
- Which robot should I select for my child’s birthday party?
Robots with fewer screws and smaller parts are recommended for younger builders. Here is a guide we have seen that works well:
- Brush Robot: Age 5; build a robot with multiple brush functions
- Cleaner Robot: Age 5; build your own romba-esque cleaning robot
- Doodle Robot: Age 5+; build an automated spirograph
- Crab Robot: Age 6+; build a robot who scuttles along table tops
- Duck Robot: Age 6+; build a robot who waddles on two legs
- Smart Robot: Age 6+; build a robot who learns his way around rooms
- Drummer Robot: Age 8+; build a robot and create some beats
- What is included when we book the room for two hours?
- Use of the party room that you have booked, though there may be other activities or parties in the other rooms and open areas. Ask about the Private VIP Zone if you want to avoid this.
- Guided robot play
- Party room set up (and clean up)
- Dedicated party host to lead the robot build
- Special carrier boxes to take their robots home in
- Full access to our Decoration Station so guests can customize their robots and carrier boxes
- One centertec tShirt for the guest of honor. Additional shirts are available for $15 each if more than one shirt is desired.
- 30 minutes VR play for guest of honor
- Can I add Virtual Reality play time to my roboTEC Party?
Absolutely! Our Party Planning Experts can help you add all sorts of extras for the best party ever. To add half an hour of VR Play, it is just $12 per player (this also extends your original two hour room rental).
- Can you provide the food or just paper products?
We’ve got you covered! Food, drinks, or just the robot-themed paper products can be added to your package when booking, or at a later time.
- Can we bring our own food?
Yes, you can bring your own food. We provide serving space, we have a refrigerator, too; but, we do not have a freezer or kitchen area.
- Can I arrive early to set up?
The Party Zone is available 15 minutes before your designated party starting time. We will help you to set up while your arriving guests enjoy our robot activities. We do our best to have your Party Zone available earlier, but cannot make guarantees.
- Where do we park to closest to your location?
We are located inside the Oxford Valley Mall, on the lower level. Mall Parking is free! Please enter though door #2, near JC Penny. Here’s the coordinates in Google Maps. We are directly next to the escalator in the courtyard immediately inside door #2. Here’s a map inside. If you prefer to park at the Food Court, turn right past Forever 21 to the escalator and you’ll see us on the ride down.
- What is latest date I can book a VR Party?
It is recommended that every party should be reserved at least 2 weeks in advance to ensure availability.
- What is required for the reservation?
We understand that number of participating guests can sometimes be unknown at the time of scheduling. We simply ask for the room rental fee ($155- $250) and an additional $50 booking fee (which is applied towards the balance owed day of).
- What is your cancellation policy?
We require one week notice for cancellation of any party. Any booking cancelled with greater notice than one week will be reimbursed their full deposit. Cancellations between one week and 48 hours will be reimbursed their room rental deposit. Reservations cancelled or rescheduled without 48 hour notice will be responsible for the original total listed price. Reschedules include date, time, and/or number of participants and are permitted with at least 48 hour notice.
What should I do if there are more or less guests coming than the number of participants in my reservation?
Please email or call us at least 48 hours before the party if you plan to modify the number of guests attending. If the notification is less than 48 hours, we cannot guarantee we will have enough extra headsets for all of your additional last-minute guests. If some of your guests don’t make it to the party or more guests come than included in your reservation, the remainder will be adjusted depending on those accommodated.
- Is the store open during the party?
Yes, we are open to the public during the party. We may have other parties or workshop activities going on during your party time. Please contact us if you wish to book a closed-door private party. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do you host parties for adults?
All the time! Please email us your request at email@example.com .
- Do you host off-site birthday parties or events?
Please email us firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to have a party or event off-site to discuss with our Party Planning Experts.